Depression therapy at Psychologist Groningen
To know if you are depressed, it’s good to first have a look at the definition of a depression. We can all be down, sombre or apathetic. This will usually pass by itself and you don’t necessarily need to have depression therapy for it.
What is a depression?
A depression means that all of your feelings and emotions are supressed. The more this is the case, the stronger the depression. Everything becomes flat and grey at a certain point, you don’t feel any happiness or other things anymore. In some cases the gloomy feelings last longer and influence your daily life. Concentrating becomes harder, you lose your appetite and reading a book or doing chores around the house can become simply too much. When depressive feelings have an effect on your daily life and you recognize the following characteristics, it’s a good idea to talk to a psychologist:
– You feel down and depressed for the most part of the day
– You have no interest in pleasurable activities
– Your eating pattern changes (weight loss or weight gain)
– Your sleeping pattern changes
– You can’t concentrate or have difficulty making decisions.